Thursday, April 15, 2010

A letter..

Dear Sugar,

My dear, dear, sweet Sugar. We need to talk. I've loved you for as long as I can remember. You are included in most of my memories, from chasing down the ice cream truck as a kid all the way to my brand spanking new husband and I feeding each other our *amazing* Italian creme wedding cake. I love you in most of your forms but seriously, Sugar? We need a break. I think my wake up call has come to me this week. Maybe it was the THREE pieces of my dad's birthday cake you forced me to consume? I don't know. Could it be the over 20!! POINTS worth of Golden Oreo's that I just.couldn't.stop.eating. tonight? Maybe. Thing is, the more I have of you, the more I can't get enough of you and well, my dear sweet, sweet, Sugar, too much of an amazingly good thing has proved to be a notsogreat thing.
Kindly let me be, sweet Sugar. The last time I tried to leave you behind, you made it so hard for me. Always calling my name from the kitchen, tempting me in the sweetest of ways. Not this time Sugar! Let my ass heart heal from all the sweet lovin'. MMMKAY?

3 comments:

  1. Ah damn. I'm going to ponder how cute and skinny you are from doing great on the change of lifestyle train...and force myself to change too. But, I can't quit you sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm did you steal a page from my diary?? lol Sugar is such a b!tch!

    ReplyDelete