Friday, April 9, 2010

Fatty Friday

Hey y'all. I've missed a couple of FF posts thanks to Poppyseed and all that jazz but here I am again!
I have MISSED going to the gym on the regular. Who would have thought? We got to start going back yesterday and you should have seen me Wednesday night. I was a giddy school girl just anticipating going the next morning and getting back some semblance of a routine. I thought that I would have gained a few pounds for sure because I had been staying at my parent's house for extra help with B and for some reason I feel like I have a free pass to munch on as much chocolate as I want when I am over there. Maybe that's why I'm over there so much? ;)
Anyway, I stepped on the scale and I had dropped another 2 lbs! I'm giving this one to BFing and the fact that my metabolism must have just gone way up from me working out consistently.
That 2 lbs brings me to 20 lbs total! What a great milestone. I only have about 12 to go to my initial "goal" and then I will re-evaluate. The *best* part is that I'm 6 lbs away from being in the "healthy" range for my height and finally out of the "overweight" range. UGH.
So, gone are the fat jeans, my momma bought me some shorts for the summer (huge shoutout to the best mom eva) and they are size 8! I'll be extremely happy to get into 6's but for now I'm enjoying the 8's.

              5 weeks ago                                                        
today, after my sweaty run
Uh, for some reason I can't get those side-by-side. :(

Want in on my #1 tip for loosing weight? A while ago I took a step back and looked at my eating habits and noticed that I was consuming a crazy amount of calories after the boys went to bed because I was just bored and didn't know what to do with myself. I made a rule that I won't eat anything after 7:00 (which was bedtime at that time). It has helped so much. Now, I'm not a Nazi about it or anything. If I get to 7:00 and I haven't had time to grab a bite for dinner or I haven't had all of my POINTS yet, I still eat. But, as a general rule, I won't eat after 7:00.
What is your #1 weight loss tip?

5 comments:

  1. Way to go, what a milestone! You look great! Thus far, I think what's been #1 for me is being honest w/ myself. Journaling what I eat has been huge for me, even if I only take 2 bites of something I write it down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great mama! You can definitely tell a big difference in your before and after pictures, especially your arms. Thanks for the encouragement!

    #1 tip for me, is tracking what I eat. Plain and simple but it works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking great! All that hard work is definitely paying off! My #1 tip is also tracking what I eat in a food journal. I notice that cutting back on calories makes a bigger difference for me than working out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WTG! You are looking so good!

    It helps me when I track too. I also eat waaay too many calories at night after the kidlets are in bed. I might have to try your no eating after 7 thing, but I might need to make it like 9 so I can still eat something delicious I don't want V to know I had :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lookin' good sister! Water intake and fiber intake help me the most. I try not to eat after dinner too...it's so hard!

    ReplyDelete