Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Eating my words.

Last weekend, my old friend from High School, Emily came over so I could do her little sister's hair. We don't see each other very often and it is always so great to get to catch up with her. She said something to me that has had me thinking ever since. She was just saying how crazy it is that I'm all married and a mom of two because when her and I were super close, around our sophomore year, I would always say how I *never* wanted to get married or have children.

I didn't. I didn't want anything to do with that business. I wanted to go off to college and start some big fancy life for myself and I would be damned if I would let a man stand in my way!

I'm not sure what got me away from feeling that way, but I couldn't be happier with the way my life has turned out. I may not have a big shot job and live in a big city like I once thought I would end up, but I get to stay home and watch my babies grow and laugh and learn new things every day.

Back then, I lived for myself, only caring about high school nonsense and gossip.
Today, I live for toddler cuddles and baby snuggles.
It's amazing how times change! :)


Shhhhh! Enough with the crying, plug it up.



3 comments:

  1. You're not the only one. When I was in HS, I had dreams of travel, grad school and NYC...all without a man. Now, I can't imagine my life any other way [especially where DS is concerned]. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good thing your outlook changed--look at those handsome boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani, FYI I gave you a blog award on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete